Design Is For You:
- If you think visually, creatively and conceptually
- If you enjoy solving visual communication problems
- If you enjoy sketching, drawing and using computers
- If you enjoy working with text and images to communicate ideas
- If you are detail-oriented, organized and committed to coming up with the perfect design solution
- Creative Director
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Brand Developer
- Web Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Mobile App Designer
- Motion Graphics Designer
- Freelance Designer
- Students complete over 2000 hours of design and production work throughout the program
- Low student-to-teacher ratio ensuring one-on-one time with professors
- Program concentrates on practical application of design with an enriching theoretical background
- Graduates enter the design field in a variety of different job opportunities
Algonquin fostered our networking skills, equipped us with a mean toolbox of knowledge, and have been a continuous source of support since day one. Grateful doesn’t even begin to cover it.
There’s plenty more where that came from!See more student work
Design memorable brands through research, iteration & implementation.
Learn to communicate visually with text, grids & alignment.
Create captivating graphics & layouts for the page and the screen.
Define & model how users interact with digital products.
Author hand-crafted code to build sites for the Open Web.
Tell compelling stories with animation and audio.
Explore colour & design history to help fully express your ideas.
Gain the knowledge to confidently navigate the real-world business of design.
Experience the design studio environment during a six-week internship.
Design & layout
Business & design thinking
Graphics & typography
Illustration & theory
Through RGD, Canadian designers exchange ideas, educate and inspire, set professional standards and build a strong, supportive community dedicated to advocating for the value of design.Learn more
To be accepted into the Algonquin Design program you’ll have to submit a portfolio for faculty review.
Submit 10–15 of your best pieces which demonstrate creativity, neatness & concept development through sketching.
Do you have questions before submitting your portfolio? Ask DavidSee the submission requirements